The power feed comes with a stepper motor mount and 24″ leadscrew for machines that are not CNC-Ready. This stand-alone controller is programmable from its own keypad and controls the function of the stepper motor to which it is attached. The stepper motor may be mounted to drive the leadscrew of a Sherline lathe.
An 8-pin mini-DIN cable can be used to connect multiple units in a “daisy chain”. The units can signal each other to work in sequence, allowing multiple movements to be accomplished without the use of a computer or master CNC controller. They can also be used in conjunction with existing CNC controllers. The controller is user-programmable with two separate programs of up to 40 operations each. In each block you can control distance, direction, speed and whether the program pauses or proceeds to the next block.
The linear controller can also be “daisy chained” with Sherline’s rotary controller (P/N 8700) to achieve combinations of rotary and linear movement in sequence. This makes it easy to set up for relatively sophisticated operations like cutting gears without having to know anything about CNC programming beyond what is entered from these simple keypads
- A constant feed rate gives a smoother, more consistant final finish
- The chance of errors due to miscounting handwheel revolutions is reduced
- No physical effort is needed for long cuts or returning the saddle to its starting position after a cut is complete
Programming is quick and simple, and programs are repeated at the touch of a button with a high degree of accuracy.
Items included with the CNC Linear Controller:
- Linear Controller w/Keypad
- Power Supply
- #23 Frame Size Stepper Motor
- Stepper motor mount
- 24″ Leadscrew
- Dampened coupling
- Preload nuts
- Drill guide block and complete installation and use instructions