The MASSO controller allows you to write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux to control your machine.
This set up includes our 4-axis CNC driver box.
Do you want to know more about the Sherline/MASSO CNC controller? Here are some resource links for your reference.
Retrofitting your current Sherline Linux computer to work with the Sherline/MASSO controller
If you own a Sherline PC with EMC2 or LinuxCNC on it, and you would like to upgrade to our new MASSO system, here are the instructions for retrofitting your PC to run with the new Sherline/MASSO Controller. Sherline/MASSO Controller Retrofit/Upgrade for Customers who Have a Linux CNC Computer.
- Controller box w/power supply
- 4-axis CNC driver box
- Wifi antenna and module (The WiFi software is an extra purchase, which must be purchased from MASSO. See the Sherline/MASSO WiFi Instructions for more information about downloading and installing the WiFi software)
- Parallel cable
- Limit switch main cable bundle
- USB 4 GB flash drive
- Limit switches (with pigtail and connector)
- Limit switch mounting hardware
- Speed control cable
- Optical encoder
- Tach/spindle control cable bundle
- Tach gap setter and cover
- Tach spindle pulley RPM sticker
- Tach bracket and spacer
- Mill headstock cable support
- 90-day warranty on CNC-related components
You must provide the following:
- Wireless keyboard
- Wireless mouse
- USB dongle*
*NOTE: The USB dongle usually comes with the wireless devices. The single dongle plugs into the USB AUX port on the controller and needs to work with both devices.