The CNC Package Includes:
- Lathe with two stepper motors fitted to stepper motor mounts on the leadscrew and crosslide axes (The tailstock spindle remains manually controlled)
- A computer with Ubuntu Linux-based OS with linuxcnc 4-axis CNC software preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply installed inside the computer
- Instruction and utility CD. The CD includes complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code.
- A blank 4GB USB flash drive is also included
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and computer-related components.
You supply only a monitor.
Standard equipment for the CNC lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 24″ (610mm) steel bed that has 17″ (431mm) between centers
- 2.5″ (63mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the leadscrew, a 2″ (51mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the crosslide feed screw, and a 2″ (51mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the tailstock. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Rocker tool post (P/N 3057) substituted for the standard tool post used on the short-bed lathes
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
NOTE: The instructions that accompany Sherline CNC systems are written primarily for use with a mill, but due to a number of requests, we have made the system available for lathe users as well. The primary consideration when using the system with a lathe is to keep in mind that movement of a tool on the crosslide axis removes material from the RADIUS of the part, resulting in two times that amount being removed from the DIAMETER.