- Lathe with two stepper motors fitted to stepper motor mounts on the leadscrew and crosslide axes (The tailstock spindle remains manually controlled)
- A computer with Ubuntu Linux-based OS with LinuxCNC 4-axis CNC software preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply installed inside the computer
- Instruction and utility CD. The CD includes complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code.
- A blank 4GB USB flash drive is also included
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and computer-related components.
You supply only a monitor.
Standard equipment for the lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers
- Three Standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels mounted on the stepper motors and tailstock. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
The A Package Includes:
- 2.5″ 3-jaw self-centering chuck
- 1/4″ tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #0 Morse arbor, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
NOTE: The instructions that accompany Sherline CNC systems are written primarily for use with a mill, but due to a number of requests, we have made the system available for lathe users as well. The primary consideration when using the system with a lathe is to keep in mind that movement of a tool on the crosslide axis removes material from the RADIUS of the part, resulting in two times that amount being removed from the DIAMETER.