We designed our CNC chucker lathe for our industrial customers who want the convenience of using multiple tools in a single set-up. The lathe has a 13″ crosslide that accommodates the 3/8″ gang-tooling tool post and two, optional tool posts that can be used for boring and parting tools (tools not included).
NOTE: Machines equipped with ball screws will not include laser engraved scales on the mill table or the mill base.
Standard Features Include
- Ball Leadscrew*: Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut .10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead. C7 Accuracy, P1 Preload. The linear accuracy is 50 micrometers/300mm
- 3/8″ Gang-tooling tool post that holds up to four tools
- 14″ Base
- 13″ Mill table
- Mill Saddle: Has electroless nickel coating with Teflon. This coating offers a hard surface that is rustproof. The Teflon provides a friction coefficient of .1-.2u for smoother movement of the saddle and the table.
- 3C Collet headstock: TIR (total indicator runout) is rated at 0.001″ (.0005” or less upon request for an additional charge) on the 3C headstock. Also, the 3C spindle is electroless nickel plated to aid in rust prevention and to increase the surface hardness of the spindle for durability.
- Powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- Accordion way cover and brass-tube leadscrew cover
- Maximum feed rate is 32 in/min.
- Largest diameter through the collet is ½” (13mm). NOTE: collets are not available through Sherline Products. We recommend buying them from Hardinge.
Chucker Lathe Accessories
- P/N 11850 3/8″ Chuck Arbor with 3/8″ Shank
- COMING SOON 5/8″ WW Collet Holder
- P/N 5935 5/8″ Gang-Tooling Tool Post
- P/N 5931 3/8″ Rear Side Cutoff Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5932 3/8″ Front Side Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5936 5/8″ Rear Side Cutoff Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5937 5/8″ Front Side Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 2266 Carbide Tip RH 55° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2268 Carbide Tip RH 80° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2273 Carbide Tip LH 55° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2274 Carbide Tip LH 80° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
*We added a second flat to our standard boring bars so they could be held with the insert face up or face down.