We designed our CNC chucker lathe for our industrial customers who want the convenience of using multiple tools in a single set-up. The lathe has a 13″ crosslide that accommodates the 3/8″ gang-tooling tool post and two, optional tool posts that can be used for boring and parting tools (tools not included).
NOTE: Machines equipped with ball screws will not include laser engraved scales on the mill table or the mill base.
Standard Features Include
- Ball Leadscrew*: Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut .10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead.C7 Accuracy, P1 Preload. The linear accuracy is 50 micrometers/300mm
- 3/8″ Gang-tooling tool post, which holds up to four tools
- 14″ Base
- 13″ Mill table
- Mill Saddle: Has electroless nickel coating with Teflon. This offers a hard surface that is rust proof. The Teflon provides a friction coefficient of .1-.2u for smoother movement of the saddle and the table.
- 3C Collet headstock: TIR (total indicator runout) is rated at .0005, or less on the 3C headstock. Also, the 3C spindle is electroless nickel plated to aid in rust prevention and to increase the surface hardness of the spindle for durability.
- Powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- Two, 2-amp high-torque stepper motors*
- Accordion way cover and brass-tube leadscrew cover
- Maximum feed rate is 32 in/min.
- Largest diameter through the collet is ½” (13mm). NOTE: collets are not available through Sherline Products. We recommend buying them from Hardinge.
*NOTE: See the Specifications tab located above for the Ball Leadscrew and High-Torque Stepper Motor specs.
The Computer Includes the Following
- Built-in Driver box (Converts g-code to steps to run DC stepper motors)
- Output cables for X, Y, Z, and A pre-wired with DIN plugs for stepper motors
- Keyboard and mouse (you supply the monitor)
- 4 GB flash drive for transferring g-code files
- Linux (Ubuntu) OS and LinuxCNC G-code control program pre-installed on the hard drive
- DVD Drive
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and computer-related components.
Chucker Lathe Photo Gallery