This lathe has 17″ between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Many machinists find that the extra space between centers comes in handy when working with a part held in a chuck and a larger tailstock chuck with a long drill bit in place. The combination of chucks, part and drill can eat up a lot of the available center-to-center distance, and a little extra capacity is often appreciated. This lathe offers the same diameter turning capacities as the shorter lathe and same powerful motor/speed control. The differences are both the extra 9″ of center distance and the addition of extras like the adjustable zero handwheels and rocker toolpost, making this lathe a good value for the extra cost.
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller*
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 24″ (610mm) steel bed that has 17″ (431mm) between centers
- 2.5″ (63mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the leadscrew, a 2″ (51mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the crosslide feed screw, and a 2″ (51mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the tailstock. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Rocker tool post substituted for the standard tool post used on the short-bed lathes
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
* Not included with lathe without motor and speed control